Interested in applying for our Summer Internship Program? LaunchTN Internship Program alumni consistently share that the diverse experiences and relationships they develop in the summer program are memorable, enjoyable, and highly relevant to anyone pursuing an innovative career path.
- Receive a stipend totaling $6,500 for the 12-14 week program
- Participate in the program from May to August 2022, with flexible start and end dates depending on student schedules and company preferences
- Report directly to a supervisor at the host company or entrepreneur center
- Have access to a mentor(s) or advisor(s) in addition to their assigned supervisor
- Participate in a LaunchTN onboarding event, join professional development events, and have the opportunity to participate in the Summer Summit.
- Currently enrolled as a college student (including in doctoral or master’s programs) or recent graduate (no earlier than December 2021)
- Ability to relocate in Tennessee for the internship term OR work remotely
- Interested in entrepreneurship and working in a flexible, ever-changing environment
- Curious and adaptable
- A strong communicator
- Interested in entrepreneurship and innovation, startups, startup ecosystems, and technology
Applications Open Soon!
We invite Tennessee startup companies and entrepreneur centers to apply to host a summer intern. LaunchTN will facilitate intern recruitment, onboarding support, and may share costs for the student stipend. For selected interns, we’ll offer networking and professional development opportunities throughout the summer.
- Host companies may recruit their own student candidates and are not required to select from LaunchTN’s applicant pool
- Interns will be on a full-time schedule (40 hours/week) over a 12-14 week period (depending on students’ school schedules)
- Host companies are not guaranteed an intern. Successful placements require mutual interest from the company and the intern applicant, as well as adherence to the timeline and program requirements
- Host companies are responsible for intern payment throughout the duration of the internship period
- Program promotion to recruit student applicants
- Applicant screening
- Selected candidate-information packets to host companies
- Intern management plans, as needed, in conjunction with host companies
- Student contracts
- Networking and learning events for interns
- Social media platforms and other opportunities for alumni and current participants to connect on
- Education for interns on resources in the startup community
- Exit surveys and program data
- A Tennessee startup company or entrepreneur center
- Majority-based in Tennessee and remain in the state through the summer 2022 internship term
- Clear and meaningful internship scope of work for potential intern
- Define a specific project or general scope of work for the intern position and create a management plan
- Participate in the interview process
- LaunchTN conducts the initial review of applications and phone interviews
- LaunchTN matches candidates with companies and shares application packets with selected host companies for review
- Host companies select candidates and conduct interviews
- Host companies or LaunchTN extend offers to selected candidates
- Assign a supervisor for the intern and ensure weekly check-ins
- Identify a mentor for the intern (other than the supervisor)
- Provide $x amount of total $6,500 stipend (amount dependent on funding provided by LaunchTN)
Apply to be a 2022 Host Company.
Applications now open until January 9, 2022.