The LaunchTN ICC Venture Fellows Program will provide unique exposure to the Tennessee capital landscape. This program is a competitive opportunity to work part-time inside an active fund and learn basic tenets of startup investing.
The Innovation Capital Continuum (ICC) Fund is one of LaunchTN’s tools to advance Tennessee startups, enabling us to make equity investments in seed and early-stage companies. ICC Venture Fellows will work alongside LaunchTN’s due diligence team to source and evaluate deals for the ICC Fund and support startup ecosystem research.
- Participate in the program from Jan. 31 to May 15, 2020
- Engage ~10 hours per week on program projects, including weekly ICC Pipeline meetings (in-person or virtually)
- Check-in every two weeks with LaunchTN or external mentor
- Attend at least six relevant networking events during the program term
- Submit feedback to LaunchTN at start and finish of the program term
- Receive a stipend for their work
Ideal Fellows candidates are:
- Self-starters, flexible, helpful, empathetic, curious, critical thinkers, and analytical
- Interested in discovering new, innovative products and businesses
- Comfortable diving into research about industries and markets
- Comfortable introducing themselves to new people when they attend events
- Proficient in Google Suite products
- Dedicated to the concept of Innovation and Entrepreneurship as transformational for growth in our communities
- Driven to serve and take an entrepreneurial approach to the work they do
- Committed to contributing to an environment in which all those representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and supported
Ideally, Fellows candidates:
- Have experience evaluating business or financial models, maybe through another investment or financial internship
- Have founded a startup or worked for one
Applications for our 2020 ICC Venture Fellows Program is now closed.