The FY22 application now open.
The application window will close at 4 p.m. CT on Friday, August 13. Applications received after August 13 will be considered on a case by case basis, pending funding availability, after those received by the initial deadline.APPLY NOW
FY22 Program Guidelines
- Company’s SBIR/STTR Notice of Award date must be between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2021. Applications with a Notice of Award date after June 30, 2021 will be considered on a case by case basis, pending funding availability.
- Company should contribute to the overall economic development of Tennessee and aid in LaunchTN’s mission to support entrepreneurship and innovation across the state. Depending on the number of applications, companies with technologies applicable to the life sciences/biotech, advanced energy/cleantech, agtech, and automotive/mobility industries will be prioritized.
- LaunchTN will also prioritize companies in Tier 3 and 4 counties, Opportunity Zones, female-owned companies, minority-owned companies, veteran-owned companies, and companies owned by those with disabilities (per State definition).
- If a company submits multiple applications, LaunchTN will first match the highest award along with companies who submit for a single award. Then, pending eligibility and availability of funds, LaunchTN may consider additional applications on a first come, first served basis.
- Companies over 10 years of age are limited to one Matching Fund award every three program years.
- Companies with more than 10 SBIR/STTR awards over the course of their lifetime will only be considered after others have been funded, pending funding availability; and preference will be given to companies related to the target industries listed above.
- By accepting a Matching Fund award, a company commits to remaining headquartered in Tennessee for at least 24 months post-award, and to semi-annual reporting with LaunchTN.
- Phase I awards will be matched at a flat amount of $100,000.
- Phase II awards will be matched at a flat amount of $300,000.
- Awards will be delivered to companies in two equal tranches.
Please note the application will require the following documents to be attached:
- Notice of Award (or, in some cases, Selection Decision Letter) from the granting federal agency
- Winning SBIR/STTR application
- Use of funds for Matching Fund award
- Company Articles of Incorporation
Your application will not be considered complete, nor will your place in the funding queue be reserved, until all proper documentation is confirmed received via email by LaunchTN.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the numbers