The SBIR/STTR Matching Fund is now closed.
If you have received an SBIR/STTR award, please complete the interest form below. This ensures that LaunchTN has enough data to advocate for future funding, and that you receive any/all future updates about the SBIR/STTR Matching fund.SUBMIT HERE
FY23 Program Guidelines
The SBIR/STTR Matching Fund, administered by LaunchTN (via the State of Tennessee), aims to advance commercialization efforts through matching the successful Phase I and Phase II SBIR/STTR awards of Tennessee-based companies. The Matching Fund is an important tool that bolsters entrepreneurship in the state by matching federal dollars allotted to exciting, job-creating new Tennessee companies. The presence of an SBIR/STTR State Matching Fund is a major factor to retain and recruit tech-based startups to the state, as it incentivizes the best and brightest companies and professionals in Tennessee to build their technologies here.
- Company’s SBIR/STTR Notice of Award must be between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022. LaunchTN may also consider awards that fall within 45 days of the eligibility window, or applications from previous program years from companies that have never received an SBIR/STTR Matching Fund award and meet all other eligibility requirements subject to the availability of funds.
- Company should be a startup contributing to the overall economic development of Tennessee and aid LaunchTN’s mission to support entrepreneurship and innovation across the state.
- Companies over 10 years of age are limited to one Matching Fund award every three program years.
- Companies with more than 10 SBIR/STTR awards over the course of their lifetime will only be considered after others have been funded, pending funding availability.
- Companies that have previously won SBIR/STTR Matching Funds must be able to demonstrate a pathway to commercialization to remain eligible for the program.
- By accepting a Matching Fund award, a company commits to remaining headquartered in Tennessee for at least 24 months post-award, and to semi-annual reporting with LaunchTN. Previously awarded companies that do not complete the LaunchTN reporting requirement will not be considered for funding.
- Companies with key focus technologies in the life sciences/biotech, advanced energy/cleantech, agtech, and automotive/mobility industries.
- Companies that are first time applicants both to federal SBIR/STTR and to the SBIR/STTR State Matching.
- Companies that are in counties under-represented in SBIR/STTR awards, Opportunity Zones, Tier 3 & 4 counties, female-owned companies, minority-owned companies, veteran-owned companies, and companies owned by those with disabilities (per State definition).
- Phase I awards will be matched up to $100,000.
- Phase II awards will be matched up to $300,000.
Please note the application will require the following documents to be attached:
- Notice of Award (or, in some cases, Selection Decision Letter) from the granting federal agency
- Winning SBIR/STTR application
- Use of funds for Matching Fund award
- Company Articles of Incorporation
Application will go live on July 1, 2022 and close on August 15, 2022. Applications received after August 15, 2022 will be provisionally considered, based on availability of funds. Your application will not be considered complete, nor will your place in the funding queue be reserved, until all proper documentation is confirmed and received via email by LaunchTN.
For more information, contact email@example.com.