Position: Technology Advancement Fellow
Reports to: Technology Advancement Manager
Supports: Commercialization Counselor
LaunchTN is piloting an effort to create a statewide technology transfer office through the Tennessee Technology Advancement Consortium (TTAC) to stimulate innovation and increase the diversity of the Tennessee intellectual property landscape. Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is seeking up to 3 highly motivated and innovative students to join our efforts, with a special focus on students from Tennessee Technological University, University of Memphis, Tennessee State University, or any Tennessee Historically Black College or University (HBCU). However, this opportunity is open to all Tennessee students. As a Technology Advancement Fellow, you will contribute to the development of high impact resources to be utilized throughout the TTAC pilot initiative, provide supplemental reviews for technologies submitted to TTAC, and create support materials such as technology pitch decks.
- Platform Support: Contribute to the development of resources at LaunchTN, such as the Tennessee Innovators Network, LabShare, or other intiaives.
- Pitch Deck Creation: Develop professional and compelling pitch decks for each evaluated technology, highlighting key features, market advantages, and potential applications.
- Technology Evaluation: Assess technologies submitted to TTAC objectively, understanding their potential impact, market viability, and commercialization possibilities.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with researchers, inventors, and industry experts to gather relevant information and insights for technology evaluation and commercialization efforts.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of technology evaluations, pitch decks, and marketing reviews, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Educational Background: Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at a Tennessee university, with a preference for students from Tennessee Technological University, University of Memphis, Tennessee State University, or any Tennessee HBCU. Open to students from all disciplines.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to assess technologies objectively and critically.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills to create persuasive pitch decks and comprehensive marketing reviews.
- Innovation Enthusiast: Passion for innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship, with a keen interest in identifying disruptive technologies and market trends.
- Collaborative Nature: Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment, engaging effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Competitive Stipend: Each TTAC Fellow will receive a stipend of $4,500 for 10 hours of work per week between January 15th, 2023 and May 31,2024.
- Professional Development: Gain hands-on experience and education surrounding technology evaluation, pitch deck creation, and market analysis, enhancing your skills in technology commercialization.
- Networking Opportunities: Interact with inventors, researchers, industry professionals, and fellow TTAC members, expanding your professional network within Tennessee’s innovation ecosystem.
- Impactful Contribution: Contribute significantly to the commercialization efforts of innovative technologies, playing a key role in shaping Tennessee’s technological landscape.
The deadline for application is December 15, 2023. The fellowship program will run from January 15, 2024 to May 31, 2024, with the opportunity for summer extension pending the availability of funds.
To apply for the Technology Advancement Fellow position, please submit an application here.