Fractal Hardware works closely with clients to prototype and develop products using mechanical, electrical, and industrial design. We are driven by working with excellent teams in medical, consumer, and industrial businesses. We bring honesty, transparency, and creativity into the design process using an objective-oriented approach and continuous communication to create experiences as enjoyable as your final product.
Fractal is looking for a Mechanical Engineering intern to join our design team in Nashville, TN working on an exciting range of consumer electronics, lifestyle products, and medical devices.
In this role, you will:
- Do real work on products that are meant to go into production.
- Make clients happy by understanding them, solving their problems, and keeping them engaged
- Identify constraints and risks on project objectives related to technical, cost, and schedule limitations
- Scrap together many quick mock-ups from all kinds of materials, especially 3D printed ones
- Design and assemble high-quality prototypes that are a good enough to show to investors or make a Kickstarter video
- Build production-level CAD models using Onshape
- Work closely with the Fractal team
- Provide excellent documentation for your designs from initial research to calculations to finished specifications for manufacturing
*This position has the possibility of increased compensation
Must be studying or planning to study mechanical engineering or industrial design. Other majors may be considered by experience. Preferred but not required: CAD, 3D-printing, model making, woodworking, arduino, other technical hobbies. Portfolios or other work samples are strongly recommended with your application.