- This event has passed.
Launch Tennessee: SBIR/STTR Workshop Innovation Resources for Entrepreneurs and Researchers
June 21 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
About this event
Register for this workshop to learn about commercialization resources available specifically to Tennesseans. Registration is free. Lunch will be provided.
As the statewide entrepreneurial support organization, LaunchTN seeks to promote entrepreneurial activity across the state of Tennessee. In partnership with local universities and ecosystem partners, LaunchTN provides resources to aid the commercialization of technologies across the state of Tennessee through the Federal SBIR/STTR programs.
The workshop will be hosted in collaboration with Medical College’s Center for the Study of Social Determinants of Health and it’s and social determinants of health (SDoH) focused business incubator, ResilienSeed. Workshop participants will learn more about the SBIR/STTR program and how they or others may be able to benefit.
Who should attend:
- ResilienSeed – Business Incubator Participants
- Academics (students, professors, post-docs)
- Entrepreneurs with an innovative technology
- Economic development and entrepreneurial support personnel
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program is a highly competitive federal program that encourages domestic small businesses to engage in research and development that has the potential for commercialization. Through a competitive awards-based program, SBIR enables small businesses to explore their technological potential and provides the incentive to profit from its commercialization.
In addition, LaunchTN maintains a portfolio of resources for Tennessee-based entrepreneurs and researchers to advance their commercialization efforts. These resources include:
- Mentor Network programs that pair mentors with promising new companies and entrepreneurs
- Microgrants that provide financial support for grant-writing assistance to Tennessee-based early-stage companies
- The SBIR Matching Fund, which provides non-dilutive capital to Tennessee-based companies upon their successful federal grant award
LaunchTN will provide access to a live stream of the SBIR workshop, though in-person participation is encouraged unless otherwise unable to attend.
Please direct questions about the workshop to email@example.com.
This workshop is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.