- This event has passed.
Infrastructure Opportunities for Tennessee & the Southeast
November 4 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
On November 4, TennSMART members and transportation industry leaders will connect at virtual tables for TennSMART’s fall meeting. This event will focus on the opportunities for Tennessee and the region included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill and other funding bills working their way through Congress that reflect the Biden administration’s priorities on electrification, infrastructure, and more. We will also discuss the historic Ford deal and how to build a workforce that supports the future of the industry and maintains Tennessee’s position as a leader in EV manufacturing.
- A breakdown of research and funding related to the Biden administration’s priorities and funding in Congress from Dr. Rich Davies, Sustainable Transportation Program Director, Oak Ridge National Lab, and TennSMART Board President.
- A celebration of the historic Ford announcement with Gregory Christensen, Electrical Vehicle Footprint Director, Ford Motor Company, and Chassen Haynes, Director of Business Development, the Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development (TNECD).
- A discussion of Tennessee’s future workforce to support EV and battery manufacturing with Ann Thompson, Director of Workforce Development, TN ECD (moderator); Dr. Stephanie Ivey, Associate Dean, Herff College of Engineering, and Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Memphis; Matthew Spinella, Director of Work-Based Learning & Industry Engagement, TN Department of Education; and Dr. Jeff Sisk, President, TCAT Jackson.
- Presentations from TennSMART members Stansell Electric and HDR Inc.
- Dedicated networking time with industry professionals.
Because the value of TennSMART’s meetings comes from the exchange of ideas and networking, this event will use Lunchpool. This platform will allow attendees to video chat at virtual tables and move freely from table to table just like in real life.
You can earn Professional Development Hours by participating in TennSMART events. When you register for an event, check that you would like to earn hours on the registration form, and we’ll send you a certificate upon completion.
VIEW SELECT PRESENTATIONS FROM PREVIOUS TENNSMART MEETINGS:
TennSMART Technical Advisory Committee Update – Brad Freeze, Director of Traffic Operations Division at TDOT
The Impacts and Adoption of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles in Tennessee – Dr. Sabya Mishra, Associate Professor and Faudree Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Memphis
Autonomous Truck Mounted Attenuator (ATMA) Pilot – Airton Kohls, Research Associate, The University of Tennessee Center for Transportation Research
CTwin: The Chattanooga Digital Twin – Jibo Sanyal, Group Leader and Senior Scientist Computational Urban Sciences Group, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
CAV and Smart Mobility: A Minnesota Case Study – Kristin White, Executive Director, Minnesota Office of Connected and Automated Vehicles and Destination CAV
U.S. DOT Truck Platooning Research Program – Tom Kearney, Freight Operations Program Manager, Federal Highway Administration
Innovations in Long Haul – Carson Spencer, Bridgestone Americas; Dr. Eric Thorn, Southwest Research Institute; and Dr. Stephanie Ivey, University of Memphis (moderator)
TennSMART Member Presentations – Bill Copeland, EPB; and Al Pramuk, Andy Lucyshyn, & Matt D’Angelo, Gresham Smith
Last Mile Innovation – Rebecca Yeung, Staff Vice President of Service Experience Leadership, FedEx