36|86: Student Edition 2020 — $35K in prizes!
Ready to share your innovation, invention, or new business with the world? Apply now to join us online in August at the eighth-annual 36|86 Festival!
36|86: Student Edition is a launching point for student entrepreneurs — providing access to funding, marketing support, networking, and community and corporate resources.
May 15: Applications open
June 20: Application deadline
July 10: Finalists announced
10-12 companies will be selected
July 10-17: Finalists paired with mentors
Finalists must arrange for at least two pitch prep sessions
August 2020: 36|86: Student Edition competition
Each company will pitch for 4 minutes, followed by 2 minutes of Q&A with judges. Judges will evaluate each company’s proposed product or service, and the ability to execute, calculating the overall score with the following categories:
1st Place: $20,000
2nd Place: $10,000
3rd Place: $5,000
- Exposure as a finalist before, during, and after 36|86: Student Edition
- Complimentary 36|86 Festival passes for your team
- Connections to individualized mentorship and pitch prep
- At least 50% of each company’s founders and/or leadership team must be students currently enrolled and pursuing a degree at a university or college (or recent graduate(s) – December 2019 or later)
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible
- At least one team member must be either currently enrolled at a Tennessee university or college or recent graduate(s) (December 2019 or later)
- Teams with higher percentages of student members will receive preference
- Teams must have a written reference from a representative of their college or university
- Teams are encouraged, but not required, to be established as a legal entity. Winners will have 60 days following notification of their award to establish as a legal entity in order to be eligible to receive their cash prize. Should winning teams not be eligible within 60 days, they will forfeit their winnings to the next highest-scoring team.
Get updates on 36|86.
Be the first to get updates on 36|86 Festival, including hot speaker announcements, networking opportunities, and so much more. Join our email list today!