Position: Office Manager
Reports to: Interim CEO
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with state-wide Network Partners and other stakeholders, we aim to build an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration, and communication that supports our three core strategies:
- Build new and enable existing resources for an entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem across the state.
- Create greater awareness of the impact of our work.
- Operate with reliable and scalable fiscal and operating policy and procedures.
Our organization believes that:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Our team values are:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- World-Class quality
- Continuous improvement and learning
- Accountability for actions, behaviors, performance and decisions
- Champion diversity and inclusion
Who we are looking for: Someone who is a great communicator and motivator, thinks and acts entrepreneurially, enjoys a fast-moving, collaborative work environment, and wants to be part of a movement that is changing economies and transforming communities across the state. This person should have a strong interest in detail, execution, working with multiple partners and stakeholders and be highly self-motivated.
What we need this person to do: Launch Tennessee prides itself on executing work of the utmost quality. To do that, we need a top-quality team and an office manager to be the glue. In addition to office management, this role will also serve as the executive assistant to our CEO and senior leaders, and will also assist our team with administrative needs as they arise.
Overall, the role includes:
Facility Manager – manage our physical and/or digital facilities including office, Google Drive, Slack, etc., order/stock supplies, personnel equipment and maintenance.
Benefits Administrator – employee onboarding/off-boarding duties, point of contact for health and retirement employee benefit
Executive Assistant – assisting the Senior Leadership Team and the CEO
- Office manager for LaunchTN, which includes managing all things office-related on-site including oversight of our facility, supplies, office equipment, IT, vendors, greeting guests, planning in-office celebrations, staff communications regarding in-office events and holidays, etc. (30%)
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding including IT and file administration and access, office welcome, etc. (5%)
- Administrative assistance to the Senior Leadership Team as needed, primarily on scheduling, travel, etc. (25%)
- Assistance to the Finance & Accounting Director and other team members on contract retention and processing, scanning, filing, tracking, and invoice payments. (15%)
- Assist with event planning and execution under the guidance of our Senior Leadership Team. (10%)
- Schedule and prep documentation for LaunchTN board and committee meetings. (15%)
- 3+ years experience as an office manager, coordinator and/or executive assistant
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Creative problem solver
- Strong relationship skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Excellent work ethic; ability to work both collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects
- Anticipate needs and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge/experience/teachability in the following areas: Mac, Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, MS Office.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the organization, please visit www.launchtn.org. LaunchTN is an equal opportunity employer.