Position: Data Analyst
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with state-wide Network Partners and other stakeholders, we aim to build an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration, and communication that supports our three core strategies:
- Build new and enable existing resources for an entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem across the state.
- Create greater awareness of the impact of our work.
- Operate with reliable and scalable fiscal and operating policy and procedures.
Our organization believes that:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Our team values are:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- World-Class quality
- Continuous improvement and learning
- Accountability for actions, behaviors, performance and decisions
- Champion diversity and inclusion
The Data Analyst position will work with financial data, trends, patterns, and demographic data to help LaunchTN make informed choices about how to operate and optimize our business. Data analyst jobs are open to job seekers with a college degree in data analytics, statistics, applied math, and a knowledge of databases. This position works with the Strategy Team to help define and measure strategic initiatives through data analysis and visualization, collaborating with key stakeholders and business leaders to define metrics, validate and analyze data, and develop reports to enhance decision-making.
As a data analyst, you’ll play a vital role in helping LaunchTN and our network partners solve problems with revenue, grants, economic development decisions, marketing, and investments etc.. Some day-to-day tasks you may perform include analyzing data, identifying risks, determining the root causes of problems, and consulting with company leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar fields Applied Mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and IBM DB2.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets (Pivot table, advanced formulas, etc.). Experience with Google Analytics preferred.
- Experience with cloud technology such as Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Service is preferred.
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and deploying complex reporting dashboards in Tableau
- Strong SQL programming skills and experience developing complex queries Working knowledge of Python or R is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills and desire to solve technical challenges
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Intellectually curious self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team and prioritize deliverables & meet deadlines with minimal oversight
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focus on data collection and analysis process, including: business rules, data querying, data cleaning, data exploration, and data visualization
- Develop complex SQL queries to collect, integrate and analyze data from multiple datasets to deliver meaningful insights
- Design/Maintain Tableau visualizations and reports for key metrics to identify and monitor initiatives
- Enhance decision making and improve processes through systematized scripts, statistical analysis, and data visualization
- Solve complex problems and propose “elegantly simple” solutions by drawing inference from data, thinking critically, and developing & analyzing multiple scenarios Provide recommendations related to data collection processes and dashboard designs Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Intellectually curious self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team and
- prioritize deliverables & meet deadlines with minimal oversight
- Keen attention to detail
- Possess a commitment to accessibility in communications and ability to connect with people across a wide range of abilities and from diverse backgrounds