Position: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with state-wide Network Partners and other stakeholders, we aim to build an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration, and communication that supports our three core strategies:
- Build new and enable existing resources for an entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem across the state.
- Create greater awareness of the impact of our work.
- Operate with reliable and scalable fiscal and operating policy and procedures.
Our organization believes that:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Our team values are:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- World-Class quality
- Continuous improvement and learning
- Accountability for actions, behaviors, performance and decisions
- Champion diversity and inclusion
LaunchTN is looking for an enthusiastic, well-rounded coordinator with strong writing skills to assist the Marketing team with their day-to-day initiatives and goals. The team member will be a strong communicator, team player, creative thinker, and proactive project manager with the ability to collaborate with the Marketing Director and senior leadership. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the full stack of Marketing and Communications skills, including, but not limited to: graphic design, web design, copywriting, social media, video editing, photography, and marketing data and analytics.
The Marketing Coordinator will be a creative, energetic person that is able to handle a variety of tasks. The position requires strong written and verbal communication, administrative, problem solving, creative skills with a great design eye.
If you are a team player with an execution-oriented mindset, superb organizational skills, and the ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value marketing and communications results, this opportunity is for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support all marketing related activities, including on-going marketing efforts, marketing campaigns, 3686 Festival, Network Partner initiatives, podcast and other special projects.
- Assisting in the execution of the LTN editorial calendar, including writing blog posts, social content, email/newsletters, podcast and other communications.
- Research and create email marketing campaigns for LTN and 3686, including graphics, images, design, copywriting, distribution and performance analysis across our weekly/monthly newsletters, email blasts and other promotional campaigns.
- Create and schedule social media content based on overall social media strategy, including writing copy/captions, managing hashtags and creating graphics across all necessary social media channels to help LTN maintain their share of voice.
- Analyze and provide ideas to increase the following and engagement for LaunchTN social accounts, including: coordinating with various departments, network partners and other LTN stakeholders to obtain content
- Keep a pulse on TN startup, business and mentor network news uncovered and use it as an opportunity to introduce our target audiences to the LTN ecosystem, Including actively engaging with followers daily on all necessary social media channels
- Track and report on email, web and social media performance weekly/monthly, including media and influencer mentions
- Organizing and tagging photo assets.
- Assisting third-party vendors where needed, including video, audio and photography partners on assigned projects
- Assist Marketing Director in managing the Google Ads Grant on a monthly basis
- Provide administrative support to the marketing team, including coordinating meetings, notes and recaps, monitoring and responding to marketing department email accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong writing and editing skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with web design and production including WordPress (and other CMS), user experience, responsive design and mobile web design
- Basic understanding of AP style writing
- Basic photo editing skills
- An ability to maintain graphic consistency and brand appropriateness across all deliverable
- Bonuses include:
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Photoshop, Video editing skills, Google Analytics and SEO/SEM experience is a plus
- Bonuses include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject or combination of education and experience
- Two years+ experience in marketing and/or communications
- Familiarity with local and state entrepreneur ecosystem is a plus
- Experience using various programs and apps, such as Office 365, Slack, Asana and ClickUp
- Creative outcomes-based approach to problem solving
- Interest in sharing entrepreneur and ecosystem stories inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work remotely as well as in an office environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with an experienced team