Position: Grant Manager
Reports to: Strategic Partnerships Director
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with state-wide Network Partners and other stakeholders, we aim to build an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration, and communication that supports our three core strategies:
- Build new and enable existing resources for an entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem across the state.
- Create greater awareness of the impact of our work.
- Operate with reliable and scalable fiscal and operating policy and procedures.
Our organization believes that:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Our team values are:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- World-Class quality
- Continuous improvement and learning
- Accountability for actions, behaviors, performance and decisions
- Champion diversity and inclusion
A skilled writer of federal and corporate foundation grants, this position communicates a need that inspires action and secures funds. You are a dependable, approachable, flexible, detail-oriented person who excels at project and calendar management, and who works well both collaboratively and independently. You are energized by your work, understand your significance within the strategic priorities of LaunchTN.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing the full range of activities required to successfully acquire grants, including: preparing, submitting, tracking, and reporting to foundation, government, and corporate sources as well as prospecting, identifying, and pursuing new grant opportunities.
- Researching, writing, proofreading and editing proposals and related materials, and reviewing for accuracy before final submission.
- Collaborating with our strategy team and statewide network partners to identify appropriate grant funders and opportunities, managing standards and deadlines for proposals, reviewing proposals for completeness, and ensuring compliance with grant requirements to build strong relationship with stakeholders.
- Together with our accounting group, maintaining clear, accessible records of funding sources and grant applicants, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Managing all grant requirements post-award, including implementation, monitoring across the organization and beyond, as needed, to complete grant obligations, program, and appropriate recognition for funders in partnership with our marketing group.
- Tracking and compiling data to report to funders, donor, board of directors, and members and other sources as required.
- Working with staff, leadership, and board to develop meaningful project goals, objectives, activities, outcomes and budgetary requirements for grant-funded initiatives.
- Cohesively organizing staff, leadership, and others as needed around grant needs to ensure timely submission, reporting, and objectives are met.
- Working with staff, establish goals, performance metrics, and evaluation processes; baselining existing program activity, and setting goals for future cycles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience and success in grant writing, budgeting, grant management, program evaluation or related experience
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Able to work both collaboratively and autonomously in a dynamic work environment with a knowledgeable team
- Experience with a CRM and ability to learn and implement new systems
- Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries in sometime ambiguous situations
- Ability to collaborate on researching, developing, and launching initiatives in partnership and coordination with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to articulate LaunchTN’s mission and promote this to funders, government, and stakeholders, including creating materials and developing analyses to persuade and educate
- Possess a commitment to accessibility in communications and ability to connect with people across a wide range of abilities and from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject or combination of education and experience
- Three-years+ experience in grants management including data/impact analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with local, state, and/or government funders and foundations
- Interest in ecosystem building for entrepreneurs, startups, and innovation
- Experience using various programs and apps, such as Office 365, Slack, Salesforce, Asana
- Creative outcomes-based approach to problem solving
- Interest in building trusting relationships inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work remotely as well as in an office environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with an experienced team