Position: Strategy Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Strategy
Launch Tennessee aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with state-wide Network Partners and other stakeholders, we aim to build an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration, and communication that supports our three core strategies: capital formation, market building, and nurturing Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Our team values include:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe an audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high-functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
This position, as a member of the Strategy Team assists, and supports various LaunchTN managers with strategic initiatives to create statewide connectivity through Market Building, Technology Advancement, and Ecosystem building. The successful candidate will be able to align resources, revenue, and active engagement aligned with our strategic priorities and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support various LaunchTN strategic focuses including:
- Support university and collegiate engagement across Tennessee to increase connections to the TN innovation ecosystem and resources for student entrepreneurs
- Assist with initiative focused on connecting early-stage companies to vetted service providers to accomplish their milestones at hand
- Increase communication and collaboration across Tennessee’s technology transfer offices (TTOs) with the goal to increase commercialization activity across the state of Tennessee
- Drive and facilitate market linkage between corporations and relevant companies to accelerate growth and create partnership, co-development, strategic investment, or M&A opportunities within the statewide ecosystem
- Assist with pipeline management of LaunchTN partners and sponsors, as needed when bandwidth allows
Support an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration and communication with market and ecosystem builders
- Facilitate handoff and support of Network Partners for communication to their stakeholders
- Serve as an additional thought partner for BigCos, Network Partners, education partners, and ecosystem builders and thought partners
Support corporate/Big Co engagement with startups
- Help establish, support and manage meaningful 3686 festival partnerships with Head of Partnerships and team
- Assist with event coordination with Network Partners for corporate/Big Cos
Enhance and drive connectivity and convening
- Assist in translating common needs into statewide resources that enhance ecosystem
- Act as an ambassador for Tennessee’s innovation community to ecosystem partners, peer organizations, entrepreneurs and potential or existing partners.
- Be creative and open to establishing new ideas to continue creating growth opportunities for LaunchTN
Indicators of Success:
- Experience Supporting a fast paced team (2 years)
- Experience with Salesforce, G-suite, Microsoft Office and Slack
LaunchTN is an equal opportunity employer. Please send inquiries and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org