Position: Partnership Manager, Manages Partnership Group
Reports to: Director of Strategy
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for startups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with entrepreneur centers in seven regions, and four statewide industry mentor networks, and Bunker Labs, we facilitate collaboration among entrepreneurs, innovators, the private sector, capital sources, organizations, institutions, and government. We aim to stimulate the statewide economy by facilitating capital formation, market building and nurturing Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, making the needed resources easy to find to ensure sustainable growth for entrepreneurs and investors.
Our organizational values include:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe an audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high-functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Through our team values, we will:
- Be clear and transparent with one another
- Build trust with one another
- Ensure that team members feel empowered
- Ensure all team members have a voice
This position develops and oversees the execution of partnerships on behalf of LaunchTN. This position generates revenue, resources, and engagement among our stakeholders, aligned with our strategic priorities.
Develop and maintain sustainable financial resources for the organization
- Develop and manage relationships and fulfillment of all funders – TNECD, federal agencies, private foundations, corporate partners and others
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential and existing funders
- Liaison with company/funder leadership, and manage team internally to achieve revenue goals
- Analyze market trends and research on potential partnerships with funders and national brands
- Working with the Strategy Group, develop proposals and partnerships that generate revenue in alignment with strategic priorities. Create proposals in conjunction with the creative team.
- Develop a Strategic Road Map for funding and sustainable financial resources for the organization
Develop and maintain an information system that provides accurate and reliable reporting; responsible for grant reporting and invoice submission; reporting to corporate partners on established relationship KPIs
- Working with internal team for implementation and alignment with reporting requirements to funders and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all grant and contract obligations
Ecosystem Building and Coordination
- Manage the activities of and provide leadership to the Partnership Team
- Implement and optimize information systems with stakeholders
- Provide strategic oversight in assessing data needs and opportunities aligned with funder, team, and network partner needs
- Enable customer support and access to information for our network partners via Salesforce.
- Identify opportunities to generate revenue using data and digital platforms
- Optimize corporate/connections with Startups
- Develop 36|86 annual conference and other event partnerships with regional and national brands
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of prospective brands
- Collaborate with our 12 regional Network Partners across the state to provide assistance with recruitment of partners in their regions
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
Plan and Execute all responsibilities with a view toward:
- Maximize inclusion, collaboration, and partnership with Network Partners, Ecosystem Builders, and other stakeholders. Focus on user (and team member) experience and empathy for that experience.
- Expand direct or indirect financial and non-financial resources available to Tennessee companies to enable their formation, growth, and sustainability
- Act as an ambassador for and building awareness of our vision to make Tennessee the most startup-friendly state in the nation
- Exercise creative, critical, strategic thinking through a problem or opportunity to deliver a high-quality outcome. Collaborate; seek feedback before action; build trust and communicate. Justify your actions … back it up.
- A sense of urgency and deadlines; decisive, action-oriented
- Radical candor and radical transparency; seek understanding not judgement through healthy conflict resolution.
- All LaunchTN team members are all curators of and responsible for honoring our culture and our values
Indicators of success
- 5 + years experience in a sales role
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience working with national brands in a marketing/promotional capacity
- Experience in government and non-government grant partnership management
- Experience with Salesforce, G-Suite, Microsoft Office, and Slack
LaunchTN is an equal opportunity employer. Please send inquiries and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org