Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Job status: Full time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for startups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with entrepreneur centers in seven regions, and four statewide industry mentor networks, and Bunker Labs, we facilitate collaboration among entrepreneurs, innovators, the private sector, capital sources, organizations, institutions, and government. We aim to stimulate the statewide economy by facilitating capital formation, market building and nurturing Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, making the needed resources easy to find to ensure sustainable growth for entrepreneurs and investors.
Our organizational values include:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe an audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high-functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Through our team values, we will:
- Be clear and transparent with one another
- Build trust with one another
- Ensure that team members feel empowered
- Ensure all team members have a voice
This position develops, directs, and manages marketing and communications objectives as part of the overall LaunchTN strategic plan, overseeing the creation and production of all promotional materials, marketing campaigns, digital and physical marketing assets, and communications with the goal of attracting participants to LaunchTN and statewide network programming and events. This position ensures that all marketing, communication, and promotional materials are aligned with and reflect LaunchTN strategy, mission, vision, values, voice, and brand.
- Capture, prioritize, and coordinate marketing and communication needs from LaunchTN departments, both on an individual project basis and at a higher strategic level
- Develop and manage all LaunchTN and 36|86 branding
- Brand enforcement, ensuring consistency of design and messaging for all marketing campaigns
- Develop and execute all LaunchTN and 36|86 marketing and communication plans
- Includes a special focus on outbound marketing initiatives targeting investors, market and ecosystem builders
- Work with outside vendors to ensure consistency of messaging and execution
- To include all digital and physical assets, ensuring consistency of delivery and content development
- Manage website for LaunchTN and 36|86 Festival
- Develop and execute email campaigns for LaunchTN and 36|86 Festival
- Develop and execute social media strategy
- Direct content to appropriate channel (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook) at a frequency that yields the highest engagement, aligning strategy with a programmatic content calendar and partners’ promotional needs
- Implement tracking/social listening (Meltwater, Sprout Social), measure effectiveness against desired conversion, and revise as needed
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy for specialty campaigns such as Disrupt the Continuum podcast and BuildTN
- Serve as marketing liaison with statewide Network Partners
- Maintain regular communication with Network Partners, including weekly email sharing LaunchTN and ecosystem events, workshops, and other promotions
- Manage and coordinate marketing and branding vendors
- Coordinate outside contractors for LaunchTN and 36|86 Festival program
- Coordinate outside contractors for annual reports, website design, and other projects as needed
- Manage marketing materials, communications, and assets for all LaunchTN events + special projects
- Coordinate 36|86 Festival pre-event video and social media, on-site real-time social media, and post-festival follow-up including daily video wrap-up and sizzle reel
- Coordinate marketing + promotional needs for legislative reception and Week on the Hill events
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
Plan and Execute all responsibilities with a view toward:
- Maximize authentic inclusion, collaboration, and partnership with Network Partners, Ecosystem Builders, and other stakeholders. Focus on user (and team member) experience and empathy for that experience.
- Expanding direct or indirect financial and non-financial resources available to Tennessee companies to enable their formation, growth, and sustainability
- Acting as an ambassador for and building awareness of our vision to make Tennessee the most start-up friendly state in the nation
- Exercise creative, critical, strategic thinking through a problem or opportunity to deliver a high-quality outcome. Collaborate; seek feedback before action; build trust and communicate. Justify your actions … back it up.
- A sense of urgency and deadlines; decisive, action-oriented
- Radical candor and radical transparency; seek understanding not judgement through healthy conflict resolution.
- All LaunchTN team members are all curators of and responsible for honoring our culture and our values.
- 4+ years of experience in marketing and/or promotion
- Proactive, strategic thinker who can visualize + execute marketing campaigns
- Understands leading practices in social media, web, graphic design, etc.
- Stellar project management skills; ability to self-manage
- Content creator who can distill complex ideas into simple, compelling messages
- Team player: well-organized and enjoys working with others
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field
Indicators of success
- Metrics: Marketing ROI, LaunchTN reach, engagement, outcomes
- Positive feedback from stakeholders
- Positive feedback from leadership and peers on performance
LaunchTN is an equal opportunity employer. Please send inquiries and resume to email@example.com