About Launch Tennessee
Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is a public-private partnership dedicated to helping entrepreneurs stay in Tennessee to build companies and create jobs. We create collaboration among entrepreneurs, the private sector, capital sources, institutions and government to offer entrepreneurs what they need to succeed. Our five-year mission is to make Tennessee the most startup-friendly state in the nation.
LaunchTN’s Core Values: We believe in (1) Taking an entrepreneurial approach, (2) Entrepreneurship being transformational, (3) Collaboration being key to success, (4) Being driven to serve and (5) Enjoying the ride. We’re hiring an energetic, self-motivated Manager of Talent to embrace our existing Talent program portfolio and take it to the next level. This position will work closely with the team and ecosystem partners, building a robust pipeline of talent for current and existing Tennessee startups. This is a key role in substantially growing the startup ecosystem in Tennessee and the ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to help transform Tennessee into the most startup-friendly state in the nation through the development, recruitment and placement of talented individuals with our startups.
We’re hiring an energetic, self-motivated Commercialization Manager to embrace our existing Commercialization program portfolio and take it to the next level. This position will work closely with the team and ecosystem partners, to build a robust toolkit of resources for startups seeking to commercialize their technology within the state. This role is key to substantially growing the startup ecosystem in Tennessee. The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to help transform Tennessee into the most startup-friendly state in the nation through utilizing our existing statewide network of partners and creating new resources devoted to taking technologies to the marketplace.
Who we are looking for: A self-motivated, collaborative team member to manage an existing program portfolio, identify gaps, and build the portfolio based on their strengths and vision. Ideal candidates have a track record of successfully developing training programs, working with various types of stakeholders – including those involved in a higher education and/or institutional setting – and executing across multiple priorities. The Commercialization Manager reports to the Chief Program Officer. This role has significant growth opportunity within the organization.
Responsibility for LaunchTN’s Commercialization Program Portfolio, including:
● MindShare Resources, including Microgrants and Office Hours
● Mentor Networks, currently Life Science and Energy
● SBA FAST Grant management
● Collaboration on University Engagement initiatives with LaunchTN’s Talent Manager
● Future initiatives, including MindShare expansion and LabShare (access to a network of equipment and facilities)
Management duties for the above programs, including:
● Outline and implement timelines, processes and events
● Prepare and manage budgets and applicable contracts
● Collaborate with team members on marketing, event logistics, research, etc.
● Track commercialization metrics, aggregating those with the full program portfolio
● Manage program partners relationships
● Act as a brand ambassador for the organization and Tennessee entrepreneurship
● Track record of starting and leading initiatives among large groups of stakeholders
● Ability to communicate effectively at multiple events and to different types of audiences
● Financial proficiency to manage project budgets
● Ability to develop project objectives and lead execution of them
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
● Servant leader driven by mission to transform lives and communities across Tennessee
● Commitment to contributing to an environment where LaunchTN associates and entrepreneurs representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and supported
● 4-Year Bachelor’s degree
● Experience working in the startup community system preferred
● Experience developing, implementing and scaling programs preferred
● Proven ability to build partnerships and sustain those relationships
● The position will be based in Nashville, TN and will require some statewide travel