Launch Tennessee offers $60,000 in prizes at 2018 student pitch event
Nashville, Tenn. (July 2, 2018) – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) announced today finalists selected to compete at 36|86: Student Edition, a student pitch competition held annually in conjunction with 36|86 Entrepreneurship Festival, the Southeast’s premier technology and entrepreneurship gathering.
36|86 Student Edition is designed to create a more connected entrepreneurial community by engaging existing university programs, increasing the amount of successful student-led entrepreneurial ventures in Tennessee. The event will include a student pitch competition, a workshop tailored to the audience and a panel discussion with seasoned student entrepreneurs.
The finalists include:
- Zeno Power Systems, Vanderbilt University, Category: Other
- PredictionHealth, Vanderbilt University, Category: B2B Software
- Allinwon, University of Memphis, Category: Commercialized Technology, B2B Software, B2C Platform
- College In Color, Belmont University, Category: Social Enterprise, Consumer Goods/Services
- Greenleaf Solutions, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Category: Commercialized Technology, Consumer Goods/Services, Social Enterprise
- Flo + Co., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Category: Consumer Goods/Services
- Synchro Motion, LLC, Vanderbilt University, Category: Commercialized Technology
- Fathom, Vanderbilt University, Category: Social Enterprise
- Before We Begin (formerly The Birds + The Bees), University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, Category: B2B Software Platform, Social Enterprise
- ATS Innovations, Tennessee Technological University, Category: Consumer Goods/Services
- Clu Technologies, Rhodes College, Category: B2B Software
- Swarm Solutions, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Category: B2B Software
On Tuesday, Aug. 28, from 3-7 p.m., finalists will be paired with mentors to help refine their pitch and business plan in preparation for 36|86: Student Edition, then will pitch to an expert panel of judges comprised of investors, successful founders and community leaders.
Three teams will be selected as winners and could receive up to $20,000 to invest in their business, based on the judges’ discretion. The audience will also select a team to win the $10,000 People Choices Award. This event is open to the public and free to attend. RSVP here.
About 36|86 Entrepreneurship Festival
36|86 Entrepreneurship Festival is the Southeast’s premier gathering of founders, investors and startup ecosystem builders. Powered by LaunchTN, 36|86 offers actionable programming and hands-on panels designed to help businesses at all levels grow. This year, 36|86 takes place August 29-30, 2018 at four venues in downtown Nashville. 36|86: Student Edition is Aug. 28, 2018.
About Launch Tennessee
Launch Tennessee is a public-private partnership that fosters entrepreneurship, with the goal of making Tennessee the most startup-friendly state in the nation. Partnering with Entrepreneur Centers in six regions, Launch Tennessee creates collaboration among entrepreneurs, the private sector, capital sources, institutions and government to offer entrepreneurs what they need to succeed and to stay in Tennessee to build companies and create jobs. Visit LaunchTN.org to discover what makes Tennessee a great state for startups, and browse specific resources aimed at student founders.