About Launch Tennessee
Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is a public-private partnership dedicated to helping entrepreneurs stay in Tennessee to build companies and create jobs. We create collaboration among entrepreneurs, the private sector, capital sources, institutions and government to offer entrepreneurs what they need to succeed. Our five-year mission is to make Tennessee the most startup-friendly state in the nation.
LaunchTN’s Core Values: We believe in (1) Taking an entrepreneurial approach, (2) Entrepreneurship being transformational, (3) Collaboration being key to success, (4) Being driven to serve and (5) Enjoying the ride. We’re hiring an energetic, self-motivated Manager of Talent to embrace our existing Talent program portfolio and take it to the next level. This position will work closely with the team and ecosystem partners, building a robust pipeline of talent for current and existing Tennessee startups. This is a key role in substantially growing the startup ecosystem in Tennessee and the ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to help transform Tennessee into the most startup-friendly state in the nation through the development, recruitment and placement of talented individuals with our startups.
Who we are looking for: A self-motivated, collaborative team member to manage an existing program portfolio and build upon it based on this person’s strengths and vision. Ideal candidates have a track record of successfully developing educational / training programs, working with various types of stakeholders and executing across multiple priorities. The Talent Manager reports to the Chief Program Officer . This role has significant growth opportunity within the organization.
Responsibility for LaunchTN’s Talent Program Portfolio, including:
● Portfolio Company Talent
● Youth Education
● Adult Tech Talent Development
● University & Community College Engagement, including 36|86 Student Edition
Internships & Apprenticeships Management duties for above programs, including:
● Outline and implement timelines, processes, events
● Prepare and manage budgets and applicable contracts
● Collaborate with team members on marketing, event logistics, research, etc.
● Track talent program metrics, aggregating those with the full program portfolio
● Manage program partners relationships
● Act as brand ambassador for the organization and Tennessee entrepreneurship
● Track record of starting and leading initiatives among large groups of stakeholders
● Ability to communicate effectively at multiple events and to different types of audiences
● Financial proficiency to manage project budgets
● Ability to develop project objectives and lead execution of them
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
● Servant leader driven by mission to transform lives and communities across Tennessee
● Commitment to contributing to an environment where LaunchTN associates and entrepreneurs representing diverse backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and supported
● 4-Year Bachelor’s degree
● Experience working in the education system preferred (secondary or postsecondary)
● Experience developing and implementing training programs
● Proven ability to build partnerships and sustain those relationships
● The position will be based in Nashville, TN