Nashville, Tenn., (November 17, 2017) – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) announced today partners who were selected to receive Discover Entrepreneurship Grants, a LaunchTN funding initiative that supports entrepreneurial programming for rural and under-served communities.
Through the grant, schools and organizations applied for funding to implement technological and entrepreneurial programs benefiting youth and adults. School applicants applied for curriculum licenses required to offer entrepreneur and technology courses to their students in fall and spring semesters. Organizations applied for $10,000 to $25,000 for the purpose of launching similar programs for youth and adults to run for one calendar year, which began Nov. 1, 2017.
Discover Entrepreneurship Grants are designed to augment the work of existing entrepreneur-focused partners, creating a more connected in-state network of resources.
Awards were granted to ten organizations across the state. Recipients include:
- Hancock County Board of Education (Sneedville, TN)
- Rural Resources (Greeneville, TN)
- Live.Love.Hope (Knoxville, TN)
- Corner to Corner (Nashville, TN)
- Let’s Innovate through Education (Memphis, TN)
- Transformations Economic and Community Development Corporation (Memphis, TN)
- Grundy County High School (Altamont, TN)
- Project Return (Nashville, TN)
- Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- LAUNCH (Chattanooga, TN)
For additional details on how to get involved in the programs listed above, please visit our website.
About Launch Tennessee
Launch Tennessee is a public-private partnership that fosters entrepreneurship, with the goal of making Tennessee the most startup-friendly state in the country. Partnering with six regional Entrepreneur Centers, Launch Tennessee provides access to technology skills development, capital formation, entrepreneurial resources and more for high-growth startups. Visit LaunchTN.org to discover what makes Tennessee the best place for innovative tech companies.