Logistics and startup maverick joins innovators in venture capital, healthcare technology and mobile app development to speak at 36|86 in Nashville in June
Nashville, Tenn., March 14, 2017 – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is proud to announce that Frederick Smith, Founder and CEO of FedEx, will take the stage at the 36|86 technology conference to talk corporate innovation in a fully connected global economy.
FedEx recently launched FedEx Fulfillment, a logistics network that allows small and mid-sized businesses to reach customers as quickly as Amazon. With Memphis, Tennessee at the core of the world’s most innovative parcel logistics network, developed and cultivated by FedEx, it is little wonder the state leads the nation in jobs created from foreign-direct investment, including from Japan, which invests more in Tennessee than in any other U.S. state.
Frederick Smith is an inspiration to entrepreneurs everywhere, having built the $50 billion FedEx on an idea he drafted while a student at Yale University that earned him a C grade from one cynical professor. His persistence, innovation and worldview will drive the discussion at 36|86 as a new generation of entrepreneurs position themselves to realize similar success.
Luminaries including AOL co-founder Steve Case and Sen. Bill Frist are also slated to speak at the event, along with seven just-announced additions to the roster of innovators:
- Victoria Fram selects and invests in global, early-stage enterprises with social or environmental impact as Co-Founder and Managing Director of VilCap Investments, LLC, an early-stage venture fund investing in enterprises who solve real world problems.
- Trung Do is responsible for growing commercial and international portfolios as Vice President of Business Development at Partners HealthCare, a Boston-based healthcare network that includes Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Logan Bartlett uses his investment banking background to select and grow investments in B2B software companies as Vice President at Battery Ventures.
- Arjun Aggarwal is an associate at New Enterprise Associates, a technology- and healthcare-focused venture capital firm, where he helps clients like Fitbit, Airbnb and Plantronics to use leading investments across enterprise and consumer technology.
- Ken McElrath is founder and CEO of Skuid, a cloud platform for creating custom apps and portals using drag-and-drop data from Salesforce, Oracle, SAP and Microsoft.
- Chip Blaufuss is responsible for accelerating innovation at HCA, a leading provider of healthcare services, with a focus on identifying company-wide opportunities and specific initiative support with funding and resources.
- Rob Runett leads project management in Motley Fool’s internal incubator.
36|86 is the Southeast’s premier entrepreneurship and technology conference, bringing together the largest gathering of early-stage investors of any event in the region. 36|86 takes place June 4-7, 2017 at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
The Village 36 pitch competition is the conference’s centerpiece and key value driver for investors: It’s an elite group of startups that pitches on stage for a chance at $50,000 in prizes. All Village 36 companies receive $500 travel stipend and hotel accommodations, access to top early-stage investors, business development opportunities and more.
Get a taste of 36|86 in New York this month, where LaunchTN is on roadshow with eight innovative growth-stage startups that are ready for investment now. Cohorts in the acclaimed TENN Master Accelerator, these world-class companies are Avrio Analytics, Everly, Grow Bioplastics, MomSource Network, RootsRated, SweetBio, Utilize Health and Rendever. Contact us to learn how you can preview all companies in one place in New York on March 22.
About Launch Tennessee – Launch Tennessee is a public-private partnership that fosters entrepreneurship, with the goal of making Tennessee the most startup-friendly state in the country. Partnering with six regional Entrepreneur Centers, Launch Tennessee provides high-impact technology skills development, capital formation support, entrepreneurial resources and more for high-growth-potential startups. Visit LaunchTN.org to discover what makes Tennessee the best place for innovative tech companies.
Join our power-packed lineup this June at 3686 South in Nashville- where you will experience hot chicken, whiskey, and also meet the entrepreneurs that make this country great. Buy your ticket today!