Nashville, Tenn., April 2, 2015 – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) announces today the selection of ten Atlanta startups pitching at the 36|86 Southern Series event April 16th at Atlanta Tech Village.
Each Southern Series event provides an opportunity to celebrate the brightest regional startups and to identify the very best entrepreneurs located throughout the Southeast. Ten startups are selected to pitch at each stop on The Southern Series. Winners advance to LaunchTN’s inaugural 36|86 conference June 8-10 in Nashville for the opportunity to win cash prizes, including $36,000 to the winner while networking with fellow entrepreneurs, investors and media from across the country. All Southern Series winners selected to attend 36|86 will receive a travel and lodging stipend.
The ten companies pitching in Atlanta on April 16th at Atlanta Tech Village for the chance to be one of the featured startups at 36|86 in June are:
Florence Healthcare: Atlanta, GA: Florence Healthcare is changing the way new drugs are brought to market by accelerating clinical drug trials with a new type automation software.
GROUNDFLOOR Finance: Atlanta, GA: GROUNDFLOOR leverages an innovative application of securities law and an efficient underwriting engine to open up the market for private real estate lending to all.
Kanga: Atlanta, GA: Kanga’s technology helps business & individuals solve on-demand local delivery.
Partpic: Atlanta, GA: Partpic is visual search for replacement parts.
Reveal Estate: Atlanta, GA: Reveal Estate is an online real estate brokerage that saves homebuyers thousands.
ReST: Atlanta, GA: ReST is the only company with an integrated solution to track sleep data AND automatically respond to that data to help people sleep better.
Rivalry: Atlanta, GA: Rivalry’s sales coaching platform increases sales organization performance by breaking down the barriers to sales coaching, providing a coaching framework, and creating one place for all coaching documentation.
RootsRated: Chattanooga, TN: RootsRated has developed a media platform that connects users with the best outdoor experiences, hand-picked by local outdoor retailers and their networks of local experts.
Terminus: Atlanta, GA: Terminus is the leading B2B Advertising Automation software enabling companies to put their message in front of the right decision makers through account-based marketing across all digital channels — mobile, social, display and video.
ZeeZor: Duluth, GA: ZeeZor extracts data from POS systems in real-time and provides a mobile app that allows our customers to grow their business and engage their employees with spectacular results.
“These 10 companies were selected from an outstanding pool of applicants,” says Charlie Brock, CEO of LaunchTN. “The quality of applications received represents the continued upward trend of opportunity for investment, notoriety and disruption by startups in the Southeast.”
Winners from the Atlanta Southern Series event will be selected by the following roster of experienced entrepreneurs, executives and VCs:
- Jim Armstrong – Managing Partner at Canal Ventures, and former founder and CEO of JDA Software, (Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Logan Bartlett – Sr. Principal for the Southeast at Battery Ventures (Boston)
- Philip Eliot – Managing Director at Paladin Capital Group, focused on cyber and network security investments, which includes Atlanta-based companies Racemi and Damballa (Washington D.C.)
- Alex Estevez – Accel Venture Advisor, former President of Datastream (sold to Infor), former CFO of BigFix (sold to IBM), former CFO of Atlassian (Greenville)
- David Greenberg – Partner, JMI Equity, focused on software and services companies (Baltimore)
- David Hall – Director at Revolution Ventures, overseeing investment sourcing, execution, and oversight for Revolution Ventures portfolio companies (Washington, D.C.)
- Kathy Harris – Executive VP Corporate Development at Sharecare, former partner at Sirrom Capital Investments, and former general partner at Noro-Moseley Ventures (Atlanta)
- Wain Kellum – President of Vonage Business Solutions, Former CEO of Vocalocity (Atlanta)
- Paul Singh – Founder of Disruption Corporation and general partner of Disruption’s post-seed venture capital arm, Crystal Tech Fund. (Arlington, VA)
- Martin Tilson – Chairman, Southeast Investor Group; Managing Partner, The Tilson Group; and former Chairman of the Kilpatrick Stockton Technology Practice (Atlanta)
To attend the Southern Series event in Atlanta on April 16th, register here.
About Launch Tennessee – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is a public-private partnership dedicated to supporting high-growth entrepreneurs with the goal of making Tennessee the No. 1 state in the Southeast for entrepreneurs to start and grow a company. For more information on 36|86, visit www.thirtysixeightysix.com.