Tennessee Technology Development Corporation, d/b/a Launch Tennessee (Launch TN) was awarded a Grant Contract with the State of Tennessee on July 1, 2012 in the amount of $10,375,000. The grant funds are state funds from the Department of Economic and Community Development to increase economic development in the state of Tennessee. On October 1, 2011, Launch TN was awarded a Grant Contract with the State of Tennessee in the amount of $29,596,073. These federal funds are passed through the Department of Economic and Community Development from the United States Treasury Department of Treasury, as a part of the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI). Both grants are administered by Launch TN, THE GRANTEE.
You are invited to submit a proposal for furnishing a comprehensive internal control and compliance review and assessment for Launch TN according to the enclosed ICREVIEWTRFP. Tests for internal control and compliance must be made in accordance with:
1) Audit requirements of the Audit Manual for Governmental Units and Recipients of Grant Funds, published by the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury (http://www.docstoc.com/docs/141470201/AUDIT-MANUAL—Tennessee-Comptroller-of-the-Treasury).
2) Government Auditing Standards, by the Comptroller General of the United States, most recent revision. (“Yellow Book”) (http://gao.gov/assets/590/587281.pdf).
3) AICPA’s Audits of State and Local Governmental Units.
4) Generally accepted government auditing standards required by OMB Circular No. A‑133 pursuant to the Single Audit Act of 1984, P. L. 98‑502, amended June 26, 2007.
5) Compliance Supplement for Single Audits of State and Local Governments (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/circulars/a133_compliance_supplement_2013).
Proposals must be submitted in duplicate and must include the SCHEDULE OF WORK (enclosed) and the technical proposal. The technical proposal should provide the following:
1) Information on the firm’s background and experience auditing Economic and Community Development and SSBCI programs.
2) Information on the firm’s background and experience in reviewing internal controls and compliance of programs financed by a federal, state, or local government.
3) Information on the size and organizational structure of your firm.
4) Resumes indicating the qualifications of the staff members to be assigned to this review and assessment, indicating at a minimum, their position in the firm, total years with the firm, and experience. Please also include a description of the review team makeup and the planned supervision.
5) A statement of your understanding of the work to be performed, including time and cost estimates to perform each step in the review and assessment.
A final selection will be made by February 2, 2015 based on the afore-mentioned responses and proposed fee.
Proposals are due by no later than 4:30 p.m., CST January 12, 2015. Snail mail or e-mail to:
Tennessee Technology Development Corporation
d/b/a Launch Tennessee
211 Seventh Avenue North, Suite 205
Nashville, TN 37219
Attn: Dr. Patricia Beavers, Director of Finance and Accounting
Proposals sent by snail mail must be postmarked no later than midnight January 12, 2015.
If you have any questions concerning this request for proposal, or about the Economic and Community Development or SSBCI grant contracts, please contact Dr. Patricia Beavers at 615-866-1026, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your proposal, be sure to include the name, phone number, and e-mail address of the contact at your firm.
This letter is not to be construed as a contract or commitment of any kind.
Dr. Patricia Beavers