NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 2, 2014 – Launch Tennessee today announced the 10 companies chosen to participate in this year’s cohort of The TENN, its unique master accelerator program for graduates of Tennessee’s nine startup accelerators. The TENN is sponsored by UBS, a global financial services firm with a presence across Tennessee, including the recently opened UBS Business Solutions Center Nashville.
The companies selected for The TENN’s 2014 cohort are:
- AgSmarts, NW TN Entrepreneur Center – NextFarm, Martin: AgSmarts is a Precision Agriculture company that automates existing agricultural irrigation systems with their universal retrofit solution to optimize crop yield and minimize costs.
- Closeup.fm, Knoxville Entrepreneur Center – MediaWorks, Knoxville: Closeup.fm is a touring marketplace for independent bands, singers and songwriters.
- eDivv, Start Co., Memphis: eDivv is a unique marketplace where you can negotiate, barter, and trade your beauty sample products.
- EndoInSight, ZeroTo510, Nashville: By providing clinicians with access to a low-cost and disposable CO2insufflation system, EndoInSight seeks to save lives by enabling widespread adoption of less-painful colonoscopy.
- Feetz, CO.LAB – GIGTANK, Chattanooga: Feetz provides custom fit footwear through their SizeMe 3D printed footwear technology.
- FiveWorx, Knoxville Entrepreneur Center, Knoxville: Fiveworx leverages its proprietary platform and big data analytics to deliver a highly personalized list of energy efficiency actions for consumers.
- GraphStory, Start Co., Memphis: Graph Story offers businesses a simple and affordable service to use the power of graph databases in order to see data in real time and reveal new insights into their current data.
- Healthcare MarketMaker, Nashville Entrepreneur Center – Jumpstart Foundry, Nashville: Healthcare MarketMaker is a cloud-based marketplace that empowers buyers and sellers of medical and dental practices.
- Play-Tag, Start Co., Memphis: Play-Tag is smart, wireless technology for the 21st century dog owner.
- Stony Creek Colors, NW TN Entrepreneur Center – NextFarm, Nashville: Stony Creek Colors seeks to deliver the most reliable and sustainable plant based colorants to the textile industry worldwide.
“We look forward to working with this diverse group of early-stage companies,” said Charlie Brock, CEO of Launch Tennessee. “I am confident the founders of these companies have the drive and resourcefulness necessary to take maximum advantage of the learning and networking opportunities they will receive during The TENN program.”
The program will begin Oct. 23 with an event during which the entrepreneurs will meet their master mentors, with whom they will be working closely throughout the program. The program will include training in The Rockefeller Habits, a business management system, and learning days on key business topics, such as marketing, financial management and operations. They will also travel throughout Tennessee to meet executives at top corporations during a weeklong roadshow and fly to California and New York for networking trips. The program will conclude with a demo day in spring 2015.
Entrepreneurship is one of two philanthropic focus areas for UBS, the presenting sponsor of The TENN for the next two years. Through the firm’s signature program, Elevating Entrepreneurs, as well as through strategic partnerships with national nonprofit organizations, UBS Community Affairs & Corporate Responsibility, Americas is committed to providing access to advice and opportunities to spur entrepreneurial growth and job creation.
About Launch Tennessee
Launch Tennessee is a public-private partnership focused on supporting the development of high-growth companies in the state of Tennessee with the ultimate goal of making Tennessee the No. 1 state in the Southeast for entrepreneurs to start and grow a company. Launch Tennessee focuses on four key areas: entrepreneurship, commercialization, capital and outreach. Launch Tennessee is in part funded by a grant from the State of Tennessee. Follow Launch Tennessee on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/LaunchTN), Twitter (www.Twitter.com/LaunchTN), YouTube (www.YouTube.com/LaunchTN) and Flickr (www.Flickr.com/LaunchTN).
About UBS AG
UBS draws on its 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland. Its business strategy is centered on its pre-eminent global wealth management businesses and its leading universal bank in Switzerland, complemented by its Global Asset Management business and its Investment Bank, with a focus on capital efficiency and businesses that offer a superior structural growth and profitability outlook.
About UBS Community Affairs & Corporate Responsibility, Americas
UBS Community Affairs & Corporate Responsibility, Americas is dedicated to providing under-resourced, high-potential individuals with access, advice, and education to help develop more enterprising communities. This is achieved through signature philanthropic initiatives, strategic partnerships, local giving and employee volunteering. Signature philanthropic initiatives in the Americas include UBS NextGen Leaders and UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs and, which are aligned with the firm’s global focus areas of education and entrepreneurship.
For a PDF version of the release, click here.