Written by Muriel Vega, Associate Editor at Hypepotamus Hypepotamus, the leading startup- and technology-focused news publication in the Southeast, started as a community resource. Born in the basement of a historic building in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, next to top university Georgia Tech, Hypepotamus was created to fill … read more
LaunchTN launched the Specialist Program, a summer internship program, in May 2014, providing undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to engage in Tennessee’s startup communities. Over the past four summers, 100+ students representing universities across the country, have interned at Tennessee’s statewide entrepreneur centers.
In 2018, the internship program will evolve to include up to 10 full-time, 14 week positions with Tennessee-based startups and entrepreneur centers. In addition to hands-on startup experience where students will learn entrepreneurship from some of the best in the state, LaunchTN will provide valuable opportunities to network with intern alumni, top founders and fellow students.
LaunchTN will select growing companies to place interns from their Portfolio Program or based on recommendations from Entrepreneur Centers. Interested in hosting an intern, contact email@example.com to learn how to qualify. Company selections will be made in December and LaunchTN will notify existing intern applicants and update their website with appropriate information.
Learn more about the Entrepreneur Center locations on their websites:
Intern Expectations & Eligibility:
- A current college student or recent graduate (Doctoral and Master’s students included)
- Ability to relocate to Tennessee for the internship term
- Interest in entrepreneurship and working in a flexible, ever-changing environment
Intern Benefits & Details:
- Interns will receive a stipend paid bi-weekly, totaling $6,500 over 14 weeks
- The program runs from May to August 2018, with flexible start and end dates depending on student schedules
- Interns will report directly to a supervisor at the company or entrepreneur center where they are placed
- Interns will also be paired with a mentor/advisor other than their assigned supervisor
Are you ready to make your mark on Tennessee’s entrepreneurial scene?