EPIcenter is a collaborative and community-wide strategic initiative that is helping entrepreneurs conceive, launch and scale businesses in the Memphis region. They are looking for three full-time Specialists in the categories/roles below:
- Content marketing and external communications
- Event planning and logistics
- Scheduling and internal communications
Knoxville Entrepreneur Center
Knoxville Entrepreneur Center Specialists can expect the unexpected. They work with everyone from early to mid-stage media companies, YouTube creators and social media influencers, growth stage software companies, and play a role in the local maker movement.” KEC Specialists are generally assigned to use their unique strengths and skills to add value to the startup companies any way they can. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to multiple projects and roles.
Nashville Entrepreneur Center
- Investor Research Intern
- The Investor Research Intern will be responsible for doing research reports on startup companies, industries and funding trends utilizing 3rd party databases combined with in-house data on our existing alumni. Will also be responsible for executing projects which assist our alumni as they grow and scale their companies.
- Marketing Intern
- The Marketing Intern will be focused on ideation, strategy and support to promote the EC’s mission, programs, membership and events via traditional marketing efforts, PR, experiential and online marketing. This is a unique opportunity to experience the business world through and entrepreneurial organization supporting entrepreneurs. If you are interested in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications this may be an ideal role to hone your skills and gain invaluable experience.
- Events & Hospitality Intern
- The Events and Hospitality Intern will be responsible for supporting a quality event experience for EC members, the community and guests. The intern will handle pre-event planning, setup and event execution. Additionally, he/she will act as a liaison between the host organization and the EC.
The Biz Foundry
The Biz Foundry (Cookeville, TN) is looking for a Specialist interested in rural development to assist with:
- Program planning
- Strategy & implementation
Being familiar with the business model canvas or lean startup methodology is a plus. Candidates must have an innovative approach and collaborative mindset. Candidates interested in virtual and/or augmented reality applications (specifically working with HTC Vive and Microsoft Hololens) would also be a plus!
theCO in Jackson, TN is looking for four part-time Specialists to fulfill the roles described below:
- Hands-on project oriented person to help manage the makerspace. Additionally, this handy individual will have the opportunity to work on building related projects for the CO:mobile and around theCO space
- Videographer who can help make promotional videos for theCO, Our Jackson Home and potentially some of the entrepreneurs participating in their programs
- Marketing focused person to help on campaigns to market programming around theCO involving CO.STARTERS, Eureka Reverse Pitch and theCOtoberfest
- Journalist to write for their blog, the Jackson Sun and Our Jackson Home to tell the stories of entrepreneurs involved at theCO and more
The Company Lab
The Company Lab (CO.Lab) in Chattanooga,TN is a non-profit that supports entrepreneurial growth in southeast Tennessee. CO.Lab runs an accelerator program called GIGTANK for early stage startup companies developing ultra high-bandwidth business applications. This summer they are looking for three full-time Specialists to work with participating startups and the CO.Lab staff during the accelerator. They are looking for the following:
- One marketing Specialist: social media and inbound marketing
- Two Specialists interested in big data, business modeling, market research, software development, engineering, artificial intelligence, graphic design, etc.
LaunchTN launched the Creative Communities (CC) initiative this year, providing funds and programmatic support for organizations interested in implementing entrepreneurial programming in their community. These funds are targeted at organizations serving rural communities and underrepresented populations. LaunchTN selected a CC partner in East, Middle and West Tennessee that were interested in hosting a Specialist this summer. Specialists will report to a leader from a CC partner organization and will be assigned a project related to developing or improving an entrepreneurial program in the CC partner’s community. If you are interested in helping cultivate innovation in rural communities, this is the internship for you!
West TN Creative Communities Location
Wayne County Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Specialist who can assist in the development of programs that will increase entrepreneurial activity in the region. Their current projects include the development of an artisan/ musical entertainment venue and a co-maker space. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in taking a leadership role to help entrepreneurs in creative industries.
Preferred skills: Knowledge, experience and ability to guide others in pursuit of their dreams while keeping everything in perspective.
Perks of the region: Water recreation including canoeing kayaking boating fishing, nature trails, cycling, wildlife viewing and historical sites!
Middle TN Creative Communities Location
United Way of Coffee and Moore Counties is looking for a Specialist who can assist in the advancement of their STEM Education and Entrepreneur PESE program. The UWCMC Specialist will help develop a self-sustained STEM education program, start our mobile STEM center, and help us start a local Makerspace. This Specialist will also have the chance to develop a Volunteer Management program, assist with tasks such as special events, fundraising, donor communications, and more! Ultimately, this Specialist will have the chance to advance Entrepreneur programming while also learning how to manage the vital components of a nonprofit organization alongside an Executive Director.
Preferred Skills: Willingness to learn, communication (writing, speaking, etc.), and planning (independently organizing their meetings, thinking ahead, etc.)
Perks of the region: Tullahoma, TN is 15 minutes from two beautiful lakes (Tim’s Ford and Normandy) and about 10 minutes from Short Springs hiking trails. Tullahoma has wonderful places to eat, unique places to shop, and a vibrant young professionals community. Tullahoma is also 15 minutes from Manchester, TN, the home of Bonnaroo music festival and about 1 hour and 15 minutes to Nashville, TN or Huntsville, AL. For those interested in aerospace and flight, Tullahoma, TN is home to Arnold Airforce Base, University of Tennessee Space Institute, and Beechcraft Heritage Museum, all attracting folks from across the county to call Tullahoma home.
East TN Creative Communities Location
Crossroads Downtown Partnership located in Morristown, TN is an organization that promotes downtown businesses while working on making the area visually attractive, economically strong, and the place to be. To aid entrepreneurship, they have recently opened entrepreneur center, SkyMart Venture Place. They are looking for a Specialist who can help manage the business incubator and coworking space, and to help facilitate a CO.STARTERS cohort.
Preferred skills: Responsible, insightful, and creative!
Perks of the region: We are located in an historically rich area with lots of cultural activities, and we are between two lakes (Douglas and Cherokee) so any water activity is close at hand. We are also within a 30 minute drive of the Great Smoky Mountains and about an hour from the Cumberland Plateau. Within 1 hour, you could also be in downtown Knoxville or Bristol for music and more urban environments.
*Applications for Summer 2017 are closed. Reach out to one of the locations directly to learn about other opportunities.*
Questions? Contact Brittany Burgess at email@example.com.