LaunchTN’s Internship Program boasts 100+ talented, innovative alumni who worked in one of Tennessee’s six regional entrepreneur centers (ECs) since 2015. This year, the program expands to include internships with ten select high-growth startups located across the state. The diverse experiences and relationships generated by these internship placements will be memorable, enjoyable and highly relevant to anyone pursuing an entrepreneurial path.
Intern Benefits + Details
- Interns will receive a stipend paid bi-weekly, totaling $6,500 over 13-14 weeks
- The program runs from May to August 2018, with flexible start and end dates depending on student schedules
- Interns will report directly to a supervisor at the company or entrepreneur center
- Interns will have access to mentors in addition to their assigned supervisor
Process + Timeline
- LaunchTN announces the host companies and entrepreneur centers on December 18
- Candidates submit applications by Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- LaunchTN reviews applications on a rolling basis and schedules phone interviews with select candidates from December 4, 2017 – February 28, 2018. Top-ranked candidates will be asked to rank their top two choices (companies/ECs).
- LaunchTN matches candidates with selected companies/ECs which conduct interviews on a rolling basis
- Chosen candidates receive offers on a rolling basis between March 1 and April 6, 2018
- Internships begin in May or June, depending on intern and company/EC schedules
The LaunchTN Internship Program gives students an opportunity to work with an ecosystem builder or growing startup in Tennessee. As with any startup or small team, members typically wear multiple hats and have an opportunity to work on multiple projects. General overviews of placement opportunities and the specific skills needed are included in the links below.
- Current college student or recent graduate (Doctoral and Master’s students included)
- Ability to locate in Tennessee for the internship term
- Interest in entrepreneurship and working in a flexible, ever-changing environment
- Hustle and the ability to problem solve on the fly
- Curiosity and flexibility
- Strong communications skills
- Interest in startups, startup ecosystems and technology
Startup Company Positions
Hundreds of startups across Tennessee are innovating a diverse array of industries. The Internship Program’s host companies are part of a select group of high-growth startups. In that context, they receive customized support from LaunchTN to grow their business and engage with corporations, investors, and talent. These startups either have a product in the market or are preparing to launch with plans for accelerated growth over the next 6-12 months. These internships are opportunities to be on the front lines of early stage high-growth businesses.
Click company and position for more details >>
Entrepreneur Center Positions
LaunchTN supports a statewide network of six entrepreneur centers that act as front doors for entrepreneurs. They support companies ranging from street-corner mom and pop shops to tech startups scaling into major markets. Each center helps entrepreneurs validate ideas, prepare for fundraising, and connect to business opportunities. Additionally, each EC has specialized programming aligned with industry trends and the demand in their region.
Click EC and position for more details >>