Launch Tennessee’s Getting Ready to Write Program is for inventors who are interested in the Phase 0/00 program but are not yet ready to apply. Eighty to 90 percent of the total effort that goes into preparing a competitive SBIR/STTR proposal should be focused on getting ready to write, not actually writing, so this program teaches participants how to do that correctly.
Getting Ready to Write is a five-week webinar program conducted by Mark Henry from Grow Emerging Technologies.
Approximately 10 companies will participate in the following sessions:
- Review of eligibility basics, program rules and methods for identifying proposal opportunities
- Review brainstorming “pre-qualification” exercises
- Elevator speeches
- The need for good research ideas and research and business credibility
- Company, idea, and agency screening
- Pre-proposal data worksheets and planning activities
- Preliminary budgets and scope of work
- Intro to “bullet points” exercise (a pre-proposal)
- Review of draft “bullet points”
- Overview of full proposal requirements and review of sample Phase I proposals
If you have questions, contact our Director of Innovation & Commercialization or apply now.