Nashville, Tenn., (November 17, 2017) – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) announced today partners who were selected to receive Discover Entrepreneurship Grants, a LaunchTN funding initiative that supports entrepreneurial programming for rural and under-served communities. Through the grant, schools and organizations applied for funding to implement technological and entrepreneurial programs benefiting youth … read more
LaunchTN’s Discover Entrepreneurship Grants (DEG) offer two types of funding for organizations to support entrepreneurs. Non-profit organizations can apply for grants toward youth and adult education meant to develop future founders and build high-growth companies. LaunchTN’s intention is to stimulate opportunistic approaches to fostering entrepreneurship among diverse populations and across a variety of industries.
Our objectives are that:
- Partners identify market gaps and needs, then consider the current and potential capacity for service areas, programmatic offerings, target markets, etc.
- Partners identify the constituencies they will serve, recognizing that diversity in populations, geography, stage and industry sector is a key criteria in LaunchTN’s funding decisions.
- Partners and LaunchTN together set realistically aggressive goals specific to the supply and demand of the organization’s constituencies.
- Partners explore partnerships with one another and other entities (public and private sector) to create a strong, seamless network of resources for entrepreneurs.
Proposed goals and supporting activities will:
- Address LTN’s three Strategic Focus Areas
- Reflect our shared “Founder First” perspective
- Engage the private sector individuals, companies and other organizations
LaunchTN seeks proposals aligned with these strategic focus areas:
- Increase availability of and access to resources
- Grow and diversify the ecosystem
- Create sustainable financial roadmap for proposed program
What it means to be a Discover Entrepreneurship Partner:
- Integration into the LaunchTN network and promotion as a partner and resource provider.
- Invitation to LaunchTN events and opportunities to collaborate with other partners.
- Strategic consultation from LaunchTN and partners, as needed, for program planning and implementation.
The 2018 grantees have been selected. Please check back in 2018 to learn how to apply for the next DEG funding opportunity!