Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) unveiled the initial line-up of speakers for 36|86, the Southeast’s premier entrepreneurship and technology conference, held on June 5-6, 2017 at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville. 36|86 attracts investors, entrepreneurs and thought leaders from across the country, with programming that explores how the Southeast is innovating in industries that traditionally were core to the region’s economy, such as manufacturing, logistics, agriculture and healthcare. Speakers include:
- Steve Case – chairman and CEO of Revolution, co-founder of America Online (AOL) and author of New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller The Third Wave, Steve Case will share insight into how entrepreneurs can prepare to win in the next era of innovation.
- Bill Frist – former U.S. Senator, Majority Leader and heart transplant surgeon Bill Frist, M.D. is an expert at innovating in healthcare infrastructure, insight stemming from his experience as a physician, lawmaker, investor and co-founder of Frist Cressey Ventures.
- Karen E. Kerr – executive managing director of GE Ventures, Karen E. Kerr has two decades of technology investing experience and will highlight how investors approach the advanced manufacturing ecosystem.
- John B. Rogers – CEO of Local Motors in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, creators of the world’s first 3D-printed car, John B. Rogers will discuss evolutions in additive manufacturing and the new model of innovation sweeping the automobile industry.
- Darria Long Gillespie – senior vice president of Sharecare, formerly WebMD, and attending physician at Northside Hospital, Darria Long Gillespie, M.D. has expertise in using technology to bridge consumer experience to clinical outcomes.
- Kelly Hoey – author of Build Your Dream Network, Kelly Hoey is a thought leader on networking and problem solving. Kelly will share insights on connecting the right people and ideas, from entrepreneurs to investors.
- Jonathan Schieber – senior editor at TechCrunch, Jonathan Schieber covers venture capital investment and technology development.
Take advantage of Early Bird event pricing of $299 for General Admission, which includes access to full event programming. Buy tickets now!
About Launch Tennessee – Launch Tennessee is a public-private partnership that fosters entrepreneurship, with the goal of making Tennessee one of the most startup-friendly states in the country. Partnering with six regional Entrepreneur Centers, Launch Tennessee provides access to technology skills development, capital formation, entrepreneurial resources and more for high-growth-potential startups. Visit LaunchTN.org to discover what makes Tennessee the best place for innovative tech companies.