Nashville, Tenn., April 6, 2015 – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) announces today the selection of ten startups pitching at the 36|86 Southern Series Columbia event on April 15th.
Each Southern Series event provides an opportunity to celebrate the brightest regional startups and to identify the very best entrepreneurs located throughout the Southeast. Ten startups are selected to pitch at each stop on The Southern Series. Winners advance to LaunchTN’s inaugural 36|86 conference June 8-10 in Nashville for the opportunity to win cash prizes, including $36,000 to the winner while networking with fellow entrepreneurs, investors and media from across the country. All Southern Series winners selected to attend 36|86 will receive a travel and lodging stipend.
The ten companies pitching in Columbia on April 15th as part of ConvergeSE for the chance to be one of the featured startups at 36|86 in June are:
- ActivEd: Greenville, SC: ActivEd is an educational technology company developing an innovative movement based platform that accelerates learning while improving health.
- Antenna: Durham, NC: Antenna has made the first effective tool for collecting people’s interest and sentiment as they engage the web.
- aPersona: Raleigh, NC: aPersona is the invisible, affordable tool IT security experts asked us to build. It runs it onsite or hosted for an annual or month to month license subscription.
- Care.IT: Spartanburg, SC: Care.IT enables patients to access a robust marketplace of medical service providers to be diagnosed and prescribed.
- Doxy.me: Charleston, SC: Doxy.me is a simple, free and secure telemedicine solution for clinicians to remotely meet with their patients.
- Dynepic: Charleston, SC: Dynepic® is a small, woman-owned, and service disabled veteran-owned business working to become the “Apple” of toys.
- Echovate: Charleston, SC: Echovate is a talent intelligence and data analytics platform built from the ground up for emerging growth companies.
- FotoSwipe: Raleigh, NC: FotoSwipe lets you instantly share photos and videos across multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, and Android) with the swipe of your finger.
- Good Done Great: Charleston, SC: Certified as a B-Corporation, GDG customizes employee engagement and corporate philanthropy platforms for global brands, delivering targeted and measurable impact.
- Nicotrax: Raleigh, NC: Nicotrax brings smokers a more effective way to quit smoking by helping them find the best way to quit for them.
“Congratulations to these 10 companies as they were selected from an outstanding pool of applicants,” says Charlie Brock, CEO of LaunchTN. “We look forward to seeing them pitch in Columbia on April 15th while hearing from some of the region’s leading investors, entrepreneurs and thought leaders.”
Winners from the Columbia Southern Series event will be selected by the following roster of experienced entrepreneurs, executives and VCs:
- Ernest Andrade – Director at the Charleston Digital Corridor (Charleston)
- Marty Bauer – Managing Director at The Iron Yard (Greenville, SC)
- Wiley Becker – Partner at Alerion Ventures (Charleston, SC)
- Matt Dunbar – Managing Director at Upstate Carolina Angel Network & South Carolina Angel Network (Greenville, SC)
- Mike Elliott – Managing Partner at Noro-Moseley – (Charlotte, NC)
- David Jones, General Partner at Bull City Venture Partners (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
- Dan Roselli – Co-Founder of Packard Place (Charlotte, NC)
To attend the Southern Series event in Columbia on April 15th, register here.
About Launch Tennessee – Launch Tennessee (LaunchTN) is a public-private partnership dedicated to supporting high-growth entrepreneurs with the goal of making Tennessee the No. 1 state in the Southeast for entrepreneurs to start and grow a company. For more information on 36|86, visit www.thirtysixeightysix.com.